August 24, 2011

Alaskan Summer Part II

August is here, so summer is basically over. Mega sad face. While the rest of the U.S. is baking, I'm already drinking hot tea as a necessity.
Stupid Alaska.

This summer I started racing.
I ran in two 5k's and one 10k.
I think I'm in love.

Run For Good 5k
Time: 24:52
Run for Relief 5k
Time: 25:20
Chucky ran too!
Anchorage 10k Classic
Time: 55:16
My dad is my race day companion. He ran this race 30 years ago, and his high school buddy (and olympian) still holds the race record.

There was also grilling:

(Note my sweater in July)

We went fishing, except not really. It's called dip-netting (aka cheating). You hold a giant net in the water and there are so many fish that they just kinda swim into it. It's a slaughter.






I don't even like salmon.

There were dinner dates:


 And I found this awesome baby picture of me. Born hipsta!
 I took golf lessons. Driving the cart is like being at disneyland.

 And I tried on awful motorcycle jackets...

Yeah, Chuck and I did a lot together this summer, but I think the best is yet to come...

It's a one-way ticket.




No comments:

Post a Comment